Information for district substitutes
- PowerTeacher for Substitutes
- Professional Teachers Standards Board (PTSB)
- PTSB Credit / Clock Hours Form
|Date / Time||Event||Location|
|Aug. 14-17||Staff Development||TBA|
Natrona County Online Personal Development Courses
Natrona County has been running the statewide courses for over a year now and the feedback from participants has been amazing. The content of these courses have been developed by the experts at ASCD and Intel Teach Elements. Both organizations have provided integration of their content into the Natrona County School District (NCSD) professional development site (http://pdonline.natronaschools.org) to allow group collaboration and course facilitation.
What makes our courses unique?
1) These courses are filled with Wyoming Educators collaborating on quality instruction.
2) These courses are facilitated by Wyoming Teachers (trained online facilitators).
3) These courses are offered for either Wyoming PTSB Credit or University of Wyoming Outreach credit.
4) These courses are affordable. We do charge a $50/credit workshop fee for each non-NCSD participant to offset the cost of course facilitation. (i.e. $100 workshop fee for a 2-Credit Course)
To enroll: Please go to http://pdonline.natronaschools.org and view the "Registering for Courses" section for more information and a link to the course enrollment system.
Courses are six (6) weeks in duration, are offered fully online, and are offered for two (2) credits each.
Courses we have that are enrollable now and begin in June:
ASCD PD Online Courses:
INTEL Teach Elements Courses:
*There is a minimum enrollment requirement: A class with less than 15 participants enrolled will be canceled on June 3, 2016.*
BOCES Offers ed2go Courses
Ed2go courses are highly interactive courses that can be taken completely online. The courses are led by expert instructors, many of whom are nationally known authors. ed2go online courses are affordable, fun, fast, convenient, and geared just for you.
Many ed2go courses are approved for Wyoming PTSB Credit. For more information on ed2go courses and Wyoming PTSB credit please go to PTSB approves ed2go courses.
Click here for a sample of classes offered.
Casper College Courses Offered
Casper College has partnered with VESi to provide online continuing education courses. Courses offered for 3 or 4.5 CEUs with fees starting at just $195.View full course listings.
Visit PTSB website for other classes/trainings they may offer for renewal credit.